Re: Two pkcsrc installations in parallel?

Am 25.04.2019 um 19:54 schrieb Thomas Lazar:
> Hi there.
>
> I wanted to ask if it is possible to have two pkgsrc installations running in parallel?

Yes, it's possible. The pkgsrc installations (binary packages, PREFIX)
must be in completely different directories, though.

Since you mentioned qmail, its prefix is configurable, as documented in
mk/defaults/mk.conf. In that file you also find all other base
directories. Just search for "=[[:space:]]*/".

My idea would be to install the pkgsrc installations into /usr/pkg (the
old one) and /usr/pkg-2019Q1 (new current one).

Several years ago, qmail was required to be installed in /var/qmail,
otherwise redistribution was forbidden. That restriction is gone.

So what you want to do is entirely possible.

Best,
Roland