Re: Adding lang/gcc6-libs As a Full Dependency to audio/musicpd and graphics/hugin

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 19:41:20 +0200
Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 01:34:19PM -0400, David Vollenweider wrote:
> > And both MPD and Hugin run just fine.  Therefore I suggest that, at
> > least for NetBSD if not in general lang/gcc6-libs be added as a full
> > dependency for both of these packages, since they depend on the GCC
> > 6 version of libstdc++.so.7 and won't run without it, even though
> > they compile and install just fine.  Thoughts?
>
> Yes - that is not the correct solution in the general case, because
> e.g. on NetBSD-current, the built-in gcc is good enough and the
> dependency is not needed.
>  Thomas

In that case, know that I'm running NetBSD 8.0.  I would also add
graphics/enblend-enfuse to the list of packages that would need a full
dependency on gcc6-libs for NetBSD <= 8.0 as it also has this issue.

- Dave V.