Re: filesystems/fuse-encfs compilation error; upgrade

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 12:51:34PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> It may be that upstream FUSE, when built on NetBSD, knows to use puffs.
>
> Thanks. I notice in Makefile.in in fuse package (i.e. from upstream, not
> done by pkgsrc patch) (BTW there are many other places where NetBSD is
> checked in the code):
>
> @NETBSD_TRUE@libfuse_la_LIBADD = -lperfuse -lpuffs
>
> But it shows -lperfuse rather than -lrefuse that you mentioned.

$ more /usr/pkgsrc/filesystems/perfuse/DESCR
$ man refuse

AIUI, perfuse was implemented in order to provide "low level FUSE API"
access so that programs that wanted to speak the wire protocol to
/dev/fuse could work, as opposed to programs that compiled against the
FUSE API, and hence could link to librefuse.

I would expect encfs to use the normal API.  I am only aware of gluster
needing the /dev/fuse emulation.