Re: pkgin not respecting LOCALBASE

Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> writes:

> Its historical the system is old enough that when I started building
> packages for it /usr/local was actually the default for LOCALBASE and
> its been easier to preserve that rather than worry about moving all
> the config and data from /usr/local to /usr/pkg
>
> There was no mixing of tools built for /usr/pkg and /usr/local
> everything was build in a clean chroot using pkgcomp1 with LOCALBASE
> set from the beginning. I do my builds under jenkins so I have the
> complete compilation output. Looking back to the beginning of the log
> LOCALBASE is clearly set even when pkgcomp is building cwrapper for
> libkver (the chroot host is 8.0 stable).
>
> Heres a link output from the very start of the build:
> gcc   -L/pkg_comp/obj/pkgsrc/pkgtools/cwrappers/default/libnbcompat
> -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib     -o ld-wrapper  alloc.o cleanup-cc.o common.o
> reorder-cc.o generic-transform-ld.o normalise-ld.o ld-wrapper.o
> -Wl,-rpath-link,/lib  -L=/lib -lnbcompat
>
> This clearly shows /usr/local being used for binaries and setting
> LOCALBASE used to be sufficient to move /usr/pkg/etc to /usr/local/etc
> has that now changed? If so thats a fairly big change that I'd have
> expected to see mentioned on one of the pkgsrc mailing lists.

You seem quite wizardly enough to make this work; most people don't use
pkg_comp at all, let alone under jenkins :-) Your call of course if the
savings from not migrating outweigh the effort to remain on the old
LOCALBASE...

I am not 100% clear on how PKG_SYSCONFDIR gets set, but

$ make LOCALBASE=/usr/foo show-vars VARNAMES=PKG_SYSCONFDIR

shows that it moves to /usr/foo/etc.

You may want to look in the +BUILD_INFO file of an installed package and
see if you see /usr/pkg still.