Re: pkgin not respecting LOCALBASE

* On 2019-03-04 at 23:26 GMT, Mike Pumford wrote:

> Just built packages for my 7.2_STABLE system which still has LOCALBASE set
> to /usr/local
>
> All the packages (including pkgin) are correctly installed in /usr/local/bin
> but pkgin is taking its config from:
>
> /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf
>
> # strings /usr/local/bin/pkgin  | grep '/usr/pkg'
> You probably want to modify /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf.
> /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf has no repositories or does not exist.
> /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf
> /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/preferred.conf
>
> This is my first build with a new build environment so I could have screwed
> something up but everything else in in /usr/local so that seems unlikely. Am
> I missing something?
>
> It is easy to work round but it would be nice to fix the inconsistency. :)
>
> Actually on further digging its much worse. Apache also seems to be looking
> for config in /usr/pkg and fontconfig I think is looking for fontdata there.
> I've pretty much had to symlink /usr/pkg to /usr/local to make the packages
> work and get the system running again.
>
> For reference I used a mk.conf fed into pkgcomp1 containing:
>
> ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= xv-license
> ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= mozilla-trademark-license
> ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= lame-license
>
> PKG_APACHE_DEFAULT=apache24
> DEPENDS_TARGET=package-install
> UPDATE_TARGET=package-install
> X11_TYPE=native
> LOCALBASE=/usr/local
> MAKE_JOBS=8
>
> LOCALBASE was respected for executable path but seems to be being
> universally ignored for config in /usr/local/etc even though the manual
> pages still say that's where it should be.

If you are trying to use tools that were built for one prefix but are
building for a different one then there are going to be quite a few
assumptions you need to work around.  I wouldn't recommend it.

However, for this case, you need to additionally specify
PKG_SYSCONFBASE=/opt/local/etc in your mk.conf