Re: add GoldenCheetah?

> On Mar 1, 2019, at 10:42 PM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 06:45:54PM -0500, MLH wrote:
>> Speaking of bicycles...
>>
>> A while ago I gave up trying to set up http://www.goldencheetah.org/
>> to even grab the distfile from https://github.com/GoldenCheetah.
>> They changed the distribution site a bit since then so those are
>> easier to grab but other problems still.
>
> Way cool, I wasn't aware of that.
>
> Off topic: can someone recommend a simple tracker
> to use with it? So far I avoided all this stuff (due to deep mistrust
> of makers and their "privacy" policy).

Well,  ... it's a training-with-power application, so you need something that can get data out of your power meter... My power meter data is collected by a Garmin head unit (currently a 510), and GoldenCheetah should be able to read the FIT files from the Garmin just fine.  There's no requirement to use any online service with the Garmin head unit.

-- thorpej