Re: Error Installing perl-5.28.1 on netbsd 7.1.1 - pkg_add: Can't open +CONTENTS of depending package p5-Crypt-OpenSSL-Guess-0.11

"Richard Sass" <richard.sass%seqent.com@localhost> writes:

> Having an issue installing perl-5.28.1.
>
> Error is
> 	pkg_add: Can't open +CONTENTS of depending package
> p5-Crypt-OpenSSL-Guess-0.11
>
> p5-Crypt-OpenSSL-Guess-0.11nb1 is installed not p5-Crypt-OpenSSL-Guess-0.11

Presumably you are doing "make replace", but you said "installing", not
"replacing".

The fix is highly likely:

  sudo pkg_admin rebuild-tree

If you want to be more thorough, look at the +REQUIRED_BY file in the
existing perl package, and probably you will find that there are two
lines, one for the package that is actually there and one for the
version that used to be there.  Just delete the bad one.  But
rebuild-tree more or less does this automatically.

Somebody posted earlier with information helpful in tracking down the
bug that leads to this situation, but I haven't absorbed that yet.