Re: Create influxdb package

On 1/17/19 2:29 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> But all that said, on NetbSD the pkgsrc variable VARBASE seems to
> default to /var, so by that logic the pacakge is ritht and the real
> issue is the value of VARBASE.

The package actually uses VARBASE for that and /var/db is the place I'd
look for the data first.

> Argubly anybody running a database of this sort needs to pay attention
> anyway.

Exactly, I'd expect people installing a database which produces a
massive amount of data to place it somewhere safe. With SmartOS, both
/var and /usr are part of the image and lost on redeployment. So I
usually symlink to a delegated dataset.