Re: infer GCC_REQD from USE_LANGUAGES

* On 2019-01-09 at 09:30 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> * On 2019-01-09 at 08:51 GMT, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
>
> > mk/compiler/gcc.mk has,
> >
> > #  Special case packages which are themselves a dependency of gcc runtime.
> > .  if empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/libtool-base) && empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/binutils) && \
> >       empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/gcc4?) && empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/gcc[5-9])
> >
> > Seems like a good place ot expand upon that, but I haven't understood
> > how pkgsrc-from-GCC works out for the Joyent case.
>
> It's complicated, which is why I've never advocated that we attempt to
> make it work out of the box.  It will also differ across operating
> systems depending on whether they require libgcc and thus a gcc-libs
> dependency for everything or not.

I forgot to mention that we also have some additional pkgsrc patches
to make this all work:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/commit/3ceae323020a3d7eda3867e9d1608f637b924a74
  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/commit/6ee00900e6930f6bb6f5e5814f5ab1a190232ce5
  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/commit/1a31678506cbf0b93f18b804067b1b30368c687e