Python (Multi) installation?

Besides "Confuse-a-pkg_chk (LTD)", I recall another interesting bit with
multiple python versions.

Various glib/gtk things seem now to want python37 either directly or
indirectly.  ISTR that python37 wouldn't install because there was
already a python36 installed, courtesy of LibreOffice.

So I figured the path of least resistance was to 'pkg_delete -R libreoffice'.
Then python37 and the various py37-* packages installed fine.

Then I went back to re-install LibreOffice.  It requires python3x where
0<=x<=6 -- python37 is right out.  I was anticipating a complaint that
python36 could not be installed since python37 was already installed,
but such did not happen.

Could it be the failure to install python37 with an existing python36
was because the python36 install predated the availability of python37
and so raised a conflict?

Perhaps explicitly rebuild/replace python36 early will remove conflict
when python37 is to be installed?