Re: Error building rust

On 08/03, Mike Pumford wrote:
> On 02/08/2018 16:20, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> >Is MAKE_JOBS greater than 1 for the build?  Have you tried with
> >MAKE_JOBS=1 or MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no for lang/rust?
> >
> I have added MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no for lang/rust here. The rust compiler
> is multthreaded internally so it uses all the cores of the CPU even
> with that set and I found that it cut down on the number of random
> build failures althought it doesn't completely eliminate them.
>
> I built lang/rust successfully at the weekend on 8.0-STABLE with
> MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no on an 8-core amd64 system with 16GB RAM.

Hmm, looking at lang/rust/Makefile in current, I see

  # cargo defaults to using the number of available CPUs
  MAKE_ENV+=              CARGO_BUILD_JOBS=${MAKE_JOBS:U1}

which makes me wonder if MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no is not enough, and you'd
actually need to set MAKE_JOBS=1 for it to have the intended effect?

Lewis