Re: How to change the dependencies a particular package has?

Am 25. Juli 2018 23:52:27 MESZ schrieb Brian Buhrow <buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost>:
>	Hello.  For reasons beyond the scope of this message, I'm building
>pkgsrc packages on an old FreeBSD-2.2.7 system.  I've run into a
>circular
>dependency between flex and bison.  The native system has a
>sufficiently
>current version of flex.

Are you really sure? You may read the code in https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/blob/trunk/mk/tools/flex.mk to see if that helps. Maybe even change the required version number there.

Another thing to try is to run "bmake PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=2" and see if that sheds some light. Deep down in these looks you should get an idea of where and how the flex dependency is added.

Best,
Roland