Re: meson

On Sat, Jul 07, 2018 at 11:48:20AM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> Trying out py-meson/build.mk, I see, e.g.:
>
> [5/21] Generating gcab-enums.h with a meson_exe.py custom command.
> Warning: You are using '646' which is not a Unicode-compatible locale.
> You might see errors if you use UTF-8 strings as filenames, as strings, or as file contents.
> Please switch to a UTF-8 locale for your platform.
>
> which I don't see with autoconf packages, but haven't spotted the difference.
>
> The shell I run "make" in has:
>
> LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8
> XTERM_LOCALE=en_GB.UTF-8

pkgsrc overrides the locale settings from the shell.

If you want to use particular ones, you need to set them in the
package Makefile after the inclusion of bsd.pkg.mk; some py-* packages
do that to allow their tests to pass.

Also, I think that meson fails a couple self tests, but works well
enough on NetBSD in general. Some just need more or less heavy
additional dependencies that are not needed in the general case.
Tracking down and fixing the errors would be nice though :)
 Thomas