Re: misc/raspberrypi-userland distfile changed without revision bump?

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> I downloaded the dist file from the master site and did make makedistinfo,
> that yields the following git diff to my distinfo file:
>
> If appropriate please accept the patch.

1. just changing distinfo is not ok because it means those with the old
distfile will have trouble, and it papers over a broken upstream.  See
DIST_SUBDIR in the guide.

2. Please consider filing a bug with upstream.  This should not happen,
as it's indistinguishable from an attack.

3. I would want to diff the old and new.  But that can be hard :-)