Re: How to handle updates to mozilla-rootcerts?

Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>> Doesn't the security/mozilla-rootcerts-openssl package do what you
>> want, i.e. handle everything automatically?
>
> Maybe it does -- certainly by the looks of it.
>
> However, the system administrator needs to be aware that this package
> exists (it apparently came to the scene some 8 years after the
> mozilla-rootcerts package), and still the exceedingly frustrating,
> unhelpful and no-pointers-to-this-package "install certs" script in
> the mozilla-rootcerts package is still left behind.

We could start by getting rid of MESSAGE in mozilla-rootcerts, and
moving the install script to mozilla-rootcerts-openssl, and making it
run at install time, and fixing the DESCR of each to also explain the
other.

Unfortnately we are not going to be able to resolve the security vs
convenience tradeoff.  I don't think pkgsrc should override the base
system decisions.