RE: NetBSD/amd64/7.1.1

Maya:

Working now. Thanks for all your help!

-----Original Message-----
From: pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost [mailto:pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost]
On Behalf Of Richard Sass
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:41 AM
To: maya%netbsd.org@localhost
Cc: pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: RE: NetBSD/amd64/7.1.1

Still no luck with 7.1.1

root@TEST106-/home/rsass: pkgin up
processing remote summary
(http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/7.1.1/All)...
pkgin: Could not fetch
http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/7.1.1/All/pkg_summary
.gz

-----Original Message-----
From: pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost [mailto:pkgsrc-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost]
On Behalf Of maya%netbsd.org@localhost
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 9:49 PM
To: Richard Sass <richard.sass%seqent.com@localhost>
Cc: pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost

Hi richard and bouyer.

I'm responsible for _currentold/_current. I wanted to fill a small
package-building gap*. I'm still inexperienced with the process and don't
have it streamlined and afraid to make costly mistakes.

My upload speed isn't good, so I waited to find out if someone says the
new packages are horribly wrong before deleting the old (and forgot to
delete it). I should do this now.

_current is older than 2018Q1 which AFAIK is on TNF machines so when
that is uploaded those packages will be newer and I will change the
symlink.

It looks like someone messed up uploading 2018Q1 packages but still
changed the symlinks (maybe via a script). I've put them back to
directories that exist. Using 7.1.1 should work now.

Sorry for the temporary breakage.

* netbsd 7.1.1 was released with a major bump to an external library
(which was also a security fix) which meant that existing packages
for 7.1 did not work normally.
It felt urgent to have working packages for the latest release and I
have good hardware, I installed 7.1.1 on my desktop and made it just
build packages until the regular package building is sorted out, which
it is now.