pkgsrc on PPC64 linux

Hi,

I installed pkgsrc on PPC64 linux (e5500 cpu). It works with pkgsrc-2016Q2.tar.gz, although many packages fail to build. However, a recent pkgsrc failed to build anything even though I had a successful bootstrap. It sounds like it can't find C. Searching didn't yield anything useful. I will need to install a newer pkgsrc to give you the exact error. I thought maybe I should check here, before I go any further, should pkgsrc work on PPC64 linux, or is the processor an issue?

Kind Regards,
Al