Re: boost-libs

On 12/26/17 19:50, Mark Davies wrote:

On 27/12/17 13:52, Jason Bacon wrote:
Location of the library on Ubuntu:

find /usr/lib* -name '*backtr*'
/usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/backtrace.mod
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/libbacktrace.a
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include/backtrace-supported.h
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include/backtrace.h
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/opal/mca/backtrace
/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi/opal/mca/backtrace/backtrace.h

Are there other platforms that have libbacktrace besides Linux? No sign
of it on FreeBSD, although it appears to be part of GCC, so it could
potentially appear anywhere.

Hmm, I was guessing the location of libbacktrace (since obviously my
linux systems don't have it), don't know what other platforms may have it.

libs/stacktrace/build/Jamfile.v2 seems to be the file in boost-libs that
controls the building of libboost_stacktrace_backtrace.  Not sure if the
<target-os>linux: there is a requirement for the whole thing or just a
constraint on the requirement for libdl

cheers
mark

A short-term fix would be to disable it on all platforms if nobody really needs it.

It would be nice to have this fixed before the 2017Q4 release so I can build a full set of packages from an unpatched tree.

For that reason I'd favor an easy fix now to unbreak the package and continued discussion to determine the best long-term solution.

--
Earth is a beta site.