Re: Install pkgsrc in jailshell linux (RHEL)

On 12/16/17 21:14, Gua Chung Lim wrote:
* Jason Bacon (bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost) wrote:
GCC_REQD+=4.8

.endif  # GCC_REQD
* Gua Chung Lim (gua.chunglim%gmail.com@localhost) wrote:
What does "gcc --version" output?
lim@jailtcsh:~% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-18)
lim@jailtcsh:~%
Apparently, gcc installed on linux system is outdated.
This linux system hasn't been updated for long.
Its uptime is around 5+ years.
Editing ./etc/mk.conf shouldn't solve the problems.
But it doesn't matter.
I'm not doing anything in production on linux shell.
I'm just testing.

Thank you very much. :-)

I hope to God this installation is not exposed to the Internet... Our CentOS systems generally need a reboot once or twice a month for important security updates.

GCC is frozen at 4.4.7 on RHEL/CentOS 6.  It gets bug and security fixes, but no upgrades.  So your installation should work with auto-pkgsrc-setup even if it's outdated.

Regards,

    JB

--
Earth is a beta site.