Re: Install pkgsrc in jailshell linux (RHEL)

Thanks for your response.

* Jason Bacon (bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost) wrote:
> Try using auto-pkgsrc-setup:
>
> http://acadix.biz/pkgsrc.php
>
> It's designed to work with minimal dev tools and also protect itself and the
> resulting pkgsrc setup from weird environments. It's developed mainly on
> CentOS.
>
> If you run into any trouble, let me know.

I think it was nearly done, but I foolishly fell in the end. :-(
On NetBSD, I didn't even bother to use bmake.

The followings are excerpted from the very last portion of installation.

lim@jailtcsh:~/usr% ./auto-pkgsrc-setup
To install a package, type:

	cd /home/lim/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/<category>/<package>
	bmake install

Ex.
	cd /home/lim/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/math/blas
	bmake install
Press Enter to continue...
After setting the environment using one of the commands above, to compile
and link programs using libraries installed by pkgsrc, use:

	-I$PKGSRC_INCLUDE
	-L$PKGSRC_LIB

Ex. Assuming your Makefile uses CFLAGS for compiling and LFLAGS for link:

	make CFLAGS="-Wall -g -I$PKGSRC_INCLUDE" LFLAGS="-L$PKGSRC_LIB"
For more information, go to http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/
Press Enter to continue...
lim@jailtcsh:~/usr% ls -F
auto-pkgsrc-setup*  pkgsrc/
lim@jailtcsh:~/usr% cd pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt/
lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt% bmake install clean clean-depends
bmake: Command not found.
lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt% which bmake
bmake: Command not found.
lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt% make install clean clean-depends
Makefile:12: *** missing separator.  Stop.
lim@jailtcsh:~/usr/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2017Q3/mail/mutt%

Thanks,

--
Gua Chung Lim

If you desire knowledges, learn one thing everyday.
If you desire wisdom, leave one thing everyday.
-- Lao Tzu