Re: Windows Subsystem for Linux [was Re: How do i install pkgsrc in windows with Cygwin]

Hello,

> On 9 Dec 2017, at 07:23, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-degen%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Please forgive my thread hijackingm but has anybody installed pkgsrc on the
> Windows Subsystem for Linux
> <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/wsl/about> ?
>
> It looks very promising.

Yes, it should work. Worse case is that you'd have to bootstrap manually for yourself if the precompiled Linux bootstrap kit you tried happens to be built on a newer Linux distro.
I had success using the debian bootstrap kit I build on version 8? on the windows 10 beta of WSL.

Sevan