Does anybody use pkgsrc on Centos/RHEL/Fedora on a daily basis?

I have just completed a fresh installtion of a minimal Centos 7
system. Rather than completing the installation with native packages,
I'd like to experiment and try to make a usable desktop system using
pkgsrc.

I'm not sure whether to start with the plain vanilla pkgsrc or the
forked pkgsrc-joyent from joyent (Maybe Jonathan Perkin can jump in
explain the difference, as I've been away from pkgsrc for some time).

If anybody is running it from inside Centos/RHEL or Fedora, please
share your tips.

Thank you

--
Ottavio Caruso