Re: go14 build failure

On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 09:20:43AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Is the need for compat in the kernel because people are using a
> go14 built on 7 on 8?  If so, that's fine.   If a package built on a
> particular version needs compat code to run on that same version, that
> doesn't seem right.  Is something in go intentionally using old
> syscalls?

The need is because go explicitly creates static NetBSD 5.0 binaries
(including the binary note section, the syscall numbers from that
version and the syscall argument structs).

This used to be only a cosmetic issue, but with our recentish moves
to provide less compat by default, it may turn into a real problem.

It is probably "easy" to write a script that, when run on any
NetBSD version generates the necessary go sources to update this fixed
binding to the "host" NetBSD version, but then the results needs to be
commited upstream.

Martin