cmake and qt5

I am having a hard time getting cmake to pick up, e.g.,

qt5/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake

I work around it with

Qt5_DIR=        ${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.qt5-qtbase}/qt5
ALL_ENV+=       Qt5Core_DIR=${Qt5_DIR}

# make show-var VARNAME=Qt5_DIR
/qt5

As I understand it, this shouldn't be necessary as according to

mk/configure/cmake.mk:

# CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
#       A list of directories to add the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH cmake variable.
#       If a package installs it's contents in ${PREFIX}/package instead of
#       ${PREFIX} and it installs cmake modules there
#       "CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH += ${PREFIX}/package" should be in it's
#       buildlink3.mk so that packages that depend on it can find it's
#       cmake modules if they use cmake to build.

and in x11/qt5-qtbase/buildlink3.mk:

QTDIR=      ${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.qt5-qtbase}/qt5
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH+= ${QTDIR}

# make show-var VARNAME=QTDIR
/qt5

First thought was that the issue was that ${PREFIX}, i.e., /usr/pkg,
doesn't appear anywhere, but then the work-around shouldn't work.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Patrick