Re: 2017Q2 devel/libuv on Solaris 10 workaround

* On 2017-08-06 at 08:29 BST, Michel Jansens wrote:

> Just adding the following line to devel/libuv/Makefile :
> CFLAGS+=-DSUNOS_NO_IFADDRS
>
> What do I need to do to have this included definitively in pksrc?
> and where to best put this compile time definition to make it clean?

I've committed this to pkgsrc, thanks for the headsup:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2017/08/07/msg161059.html

* On 2017-08-07 at 06:54 BST, Jörn Clausen wrote:

> See pkg/52245. The problem (I guess) is, that distinguishing Solaris
> 10 and 11 in pkgsrc is not easy, both are labelled "SunOS", together
> with all the surviving descendants of OpenSolaris.
>
> Get used to have a bunch of local fixes on Solaris. You can apply
> fixes like this locally, I keep track of them with RCS. If you need to
> fix the sources of a package, define LOCALPATCHES in mk.conf and keep
> your own patches there. Do report these changes back to pkgsrc,
> sometimes (well, often :) they are used. But for cases like this you
> will need local workarounds.

There should be no need for this, we have OS_VERSION and
MACHINE_PLATFORM to identify SunOS releases, or if we want to do
things correctly we can always add feature tests.

* On 2017-08-07 at 06:54 BST, Michel Jansens wrote:

> I managed to complete the build of www/apache24 on pkgsrc 2017Q2:
>
> In Makefile, comment out all SunOS specifics:
>
> #CFLAGS.SunOS+=-D__EXTENSIONS__
> #.if !empty(CC_VERSION:Mgcc-[7-9]*)
> #CFLAGS.SunOS+=-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600
> #.else
> #CFLAGS.SunOS+=-D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1
> #.endif
>
> Maybe this problem is because I’m building with gcc (with ABI=32)?

This will only break other platforms, could you let us know what
issues you are seeing with these flags and we'll try to find a fix
which works for everyone.

Thanks,