Re: pbulk query

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:59:11AM -0500, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> On 05/25, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > What is this error trying to tell me?
> >
> > pbulk-build: Package from successful build log doesn't exist: libxslt-1.1.29nb1
>
> Hi, Patrick!
>
> I don't know, but I might guess that it has scanned a previous build log
> and found a package there that it can't find in the packages location?
> So, could it be looking in the wrong place for the package?  Or are the
> permissions wrong on any ancestor directories?
>
> > # pwd
> > /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/libxslt
> > # make show-var VARNAME=PACKAGES
> > /mnt/packages
> > # ls -l /mnt/packages/All/libxslt-1.1.29nb1.tgz
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  673041 May 24 10:39 /mnt/packages/All/libxslt-1.1.29nb1.tgz
>
> Are you using pbulk in a chroot, and is the above executed in the
> chroot?

Yes

> Maybe you could check where pbulk is putting packages that it builds
> by double-checking pbulk.conf?  Or, you could give pbulk a single
> simple package to build (i.e., in the file specified by the pbulk.conf
> limited_list variable) and see where it gets put?
>
> If you want to hack around the issue without figuring out what's wrong,
> you might have success in setting reuse_scan_results=no in pbulk.conf or
> blowing away the previous bulk build log.

I just had another go. "Package from successful build log doesn't exist"
seems to mean that the source no longer exists, rather than the way
I was understanding it, the binary package doesn't exist:

I did a pkgsrc cvs update. glib2 got updated in the source tree to 2.52.3nb1.
Running a bulkbuild gave me the glib2-2.52.3 doesn't exist message.
I cheated and removed glib2 from /bulklog/meta/success. Another run
gives me that poppler doesn't exist, and sure enough, it too was
updated.

I must be missing something, as I bet you all cvs update and don't expect
to see such messages?

Cheers,

Patrick