Re: www/midori seeming broken with gtk3, build goes into infinite loop

from coypu%sdf.org@localhost:

> This mess originates in icu.

> the problem seems to be in just one file:
> /usr/pkg/include/unicode/platform.h

> This file (noise reduced) does:

> #include "unicode/uvernum.h"

> .. lots of stuff ...

 * \def U_PLATFORM_HAS_WINUWP_API
>  * Defines whether target is intended for Universal Windows Platform API
>  * Set to 1 for Windows10 Release Solution Configuration
>  * @internal
 */
> #ifdef U_PLATFORM_HAS_WINUWP_API
>     /* Use the predefined value. */
> #else
> #   define U_PLATFORM_HAS_WINUWP_API 0
> #endif

> And uvernum.h expects it to be already defined, but it isn't, we
> include uvernum.h before providing the fallback definition of
U_PLATFORM_HAS_WINUWP_API.

> I don't think it's going to cause a build failure by itself.
> it's just going to spam you a lot. webkit takes really long to build.

It really looked like the build was stuck in an infinite loop.  Usually an unsuccessful build ends with "Stop."

Being in NetBSD which is not MS-Windows, I guess U_PLATFORM_HAS_WINUWP_API should be 0?

So maybe I can delete or comment out the bad lines if I want to try again (without "make clean", or if I "make clean", then hit Ctrl-Z when I hit the loop,, make the adjustment to uvernum.h and resume?

Maybe best to try shortly before bedtime, if I expect a long build time.

In FreeBSD, webkit was not so monstrously slow to build, or at least didn't get stuck in a loop.

pkg info -a | grep "webkit" shows (no midori here)

qt4-webkit-4.8.7               Qt WebKit implementation
webkit-gtk2-2.4.9              Opensource browser engine using the GTK+ 2 toolkit
webkit-gtk3-2.4.9              Opensource browser engine using the GTK+ 3 toolkit

Tom