Re: gobject-introspection is like, the worst.

On 06/28/17 15:33, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
What are you having trouble building?

Lots of things.  They all fail in a similar way.  It fails running something
called GISCAN and drops a Python core file that has this backtrace.

#0  0x000070e05a605663 in ?? ()
#1  0x000070e05a200585 in ?? () from /usr/pkg/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0
#2  0x000070e0665e9b60 in ?? ()
#3  0x000070e05a200669 in _fini () from /usr/pkg/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0
#4  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

I'm trying clang now.  It looks interesting in any case.

I don't run into this issue and I use GCC on NetBSD.

To be clear, NetBSD -current as in 8.99.1/x86_64 built within the last week or so? I don't have this problem on 7.1.0_PATCH, even with current pkgsrc.

 From the discussions on it, it seems a lot of the people who ran into
this issue are using pkg-rolling-replace and update builds. does a

Why would that matter?

completely fresh /usr/pkg /var/db/pkg also run into the same issue? (you
can temporarily mv them, build in a chroot, etc).

I have done so a few times in the last two weeks.

By the way, can you elaborate on your subject change?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost