"cad/kicad" stuck in configure phase on 8.0_BETA/amd64

Rebuilding "cad/kicad" (pkgsrc-2017Q1) on my amd64 build host running
the latest build of 8.0_BETA gets stuck at:

[...]
-- Found CAIRO: /usr/pkg/lib/libcairo.so
-- Check for installed Cairo -- found
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create