Re: problem with configure and PKG_CHECK_MODULES

On Saturday 10 June 2017 00:15:48 Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 10:20:24PM +0100, Dave Tyson wrote:
> > pre-configure:
> >                 cd $(WRKSRC) && autoconf
>
> Use
> 	cd ${WRKSRC} && autoreconf -fiv
> that does all the steps in the right order.
>  Thomas

Hi Thomas, thanks for getting back to me. Had a quick try, but sadly configure
stops in the same place:

cd /usr/pkgsrc/security/motion/work/motion-release-3.4.1 && autoreconf -fiv
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
svn: not found
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/pkg/bin/autoconf --force
svn: not found
autoreconf: running: /usr/pkg/bin/autoheader --force
svn: not found
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Automake
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
=> Modifying GNU configure scripts to avoid --recheck
=> Replacing config-guess with pkgsrc versions
=> Replacing config-sub with pkgsrc versions
=> Replacing install-sh with pkgsrc version
checking for x86_64--netbsd-gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... (cached) /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... (cached) /usr/bin/egrep
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for x86_64--netbsd-gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking for Darwin... no
checking for *BSD... no
checking for x86_64--netbsd-gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking threads... yes
checking for sdl... yes
checking for libjpeg-turbo... skipping
checking for libjpeg-mmx... skipping
checking for jpeg_set_defaults in -ljpeg... yes
./configure: 5283: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
*** Error code 2

I'll have a bit more of a play tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org