evbarm/netbsd: bus error building python

Hello pkgsrc-users,

I’m trying to build python-3.x on a sheevaplug (earmv5) but I’m unable to success. I’m using netbsd-7.99.70 (HEAD from two weeks ago. But the problem was the same with a 7.99.10 built some month ago). And I got the same 'bus error' with 3.4, 3.5 or 3.6 python version. The version 2.7 is working, but too old for me.

The build failed when generating posix vars:

# ./python -E -S -m sysconfig --generate-posix-vars
bus error.

There is an old report on python tracker for this bug: https://bugs.python.org/issue21166, but the solution is already applied.

Using ktruss, I can say that the error happen after openning heapq.py.

I tried with different —mtune/—march flags for gcc, without luck.

If anybody can help me, you’re welcome !

Thank you!

Best,
jym