Re: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lldap

On 03/07/2017 08:43 AM, Cág  wrote:
> Alberto Mijares wrote:
>
>> For intance: net/nagios-plugin-syncrepl stopped because didn't find ldap.h.
>
> -I/usr/pkg/include
>
>> Now the problem is the library: it stops with /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lldap; however, I can see this
>> # find /usr/pkg -name libldap.a
>> /usr/pkg/lib/libldap.a
>
> -L/usr/pkg/lib

Hi Cág,

Just for testing, I harcoded this into the upstream distribution's Makefile

$(CC) -I/usr/pkg/include -L/usr/pkg/lib -lldap -o check_syncrepl
check_syncrepl.o

and now I have this:

check_syncrepl.o: In function `main':
check_syncrepl.c:(.text+0x3d0): undefined reference to `getprogname'
*** Error code 1

Anyway, it shouldn't be hardcoded like this. That's what buildlink3.mk
is supposed to manage, isn't it?

What should I look for in logs to see what fails?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto Mijares