devel/nss dependency on gnutls

Hello,

Couple of days ago I wanted to build firefox from
pkgsrc on my i386 -current machine. Did a make in
www/firefox and then after a while I noticed the
following dependency list:
devel/nss -> security/gnutls -> devel/autogen -> lang/guile20

Hadn't seen this ever before while building firefox.
Turns out this is caused by a change to devel/nss/Makefile
on Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:28:55 +0000
"Bump PKGREVISION. Some commandline utilities require gnutls"

Call me old fashioned, but I was scratching my head a little
because I needed a scheme language toolbox and interpreter
to build a web browser. The fact that the guile20 build
was dumping core (which I haven't been able to repeat) made
me scratch my head even more, which is why I commented out
the gnutls dependency in devel/nss/Makefile and hours
later a new firefox 50 was up and running.

Anyway, I don't see the gnutls dependency in other BSD
packages / ports systems and if it's really needed why not
go for a devel/nss-tools and let devel/nss just install
the libraries. A bit like the ffplay / ffmpeg combo.

Regards,

Onno