Re: pkgsrc freeze for 2016Q4 starting on Dec 19

On Dec 16,  9:06am, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
} On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:08:21AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
} > On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 11:31:35PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
} > > Can we sit down and start pruning some things then? E.g. we have way too
} > > many LibreOffice and OpenOffice versions in the tree, I think. Given how
} > > heavy those packages are, that's a lot of build time.
} >
} > Can you please provide a complete list of packages that you want to
} > prune?
} >
} > (The standard answer to this question is always "do it after the
} > freeze", but the question reliably pops up before it ;) )
} >  Thomas
}
} I'd like to get rid of some of the Xen packages (xen41 and xen45 at last),
} but after the freeze, with appropriate warning in the 2016Q4 release
} notes.

     You could do xen41 and xen42.  But, I think it is too soon
remove xen45.  The latest version we have in pkgsrc is xen46.
xen45 isn't that far behind and it wouldn't be totally unreasonable
for people to be still using it.

}-- End of excerpt from Manuel Bouyer