Re: upgrading pkgsrc on omnios

* On 2016-11-01 at 16:31 GMT, Geoff Nordli wrote:

> I tried to upgrade pkgsrc using the steps outlined here:
>
> https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-illumos/
>
> when I tried to upgrade pkgin it gives me this error:
>
> root@pc-oi1:~# /opt/local/sbin/pkg_add -U pkgin
> SSL support disabled
> pkg_add: Can't process
> https://pkgsrc.joyent.com:443/packages/SmartOS/2016Q3/x86_64/All/pkgin*: Not owner
> pkg_add: no pkg found for 'pkgin', sorry.
> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
>

> If I try to do a pkgin update:
>
> root@pc-oi1:~# /opt/local/bin/pkgin update
> reading local summary...
> processing local summary...
> SSL support disabled
> SSL support disabled
> SSL support disabled
> pkgin: Could not fetch
> https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/packages/SmartOS/2016Q3/x86_64/All/pkg_summary.gz

Hi Geoff,

Apologies, I hadn't updated the illumos instructions to account for
the HTTP -> HTTPS switch.

If you reload the page now you'll see that the instructions have
changed a little, and that there is also a newer bootstrap kit
available (20161020).  This fixes a few issues that were reported
since releasing the first 2016Q3 bootstrap kits.

In order to get back to a working state, first edit this file:

  /opt/local/etc/pkg_install.conf

and change the PKG_PATH URL to use "http://"; instead of "https://";.
You should then be able to follow the upgrade instructions.

Regards,