Re: 200 packages with the greatest number of patches

On 31.07.2016 22:32, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 06:51:10PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> I've prepared a list of such problematic to maintain packages.
>>
>> If you are still a user and you could volunteer your time, feel free to
>> remove from this list software you care about by improving support for
>> your platform in upstream.
>>
>> http://netbsd.org/~kamil/top-200-packages-with-the-greatest-number-of-patches-20160731.txt
>>
>> Current top-10:
>> wip/chromium-new      448
>> wip/chromium      333
>> wip/virtualbox      211
>> mail/thunderbird38      174
>> security/tor-browser      171
>> www/firefox38      166
>> www/firefox31      165
>> mail/thunderbird31      160
>> mail/thunderbird24      157
>> x11/xview-lib      156
>
> That's not a very useful list. The Mozilla core has a bad record for
> accepting patches and even if they do, there are lots of older versions
> that needing them. xview-lib is just dead upstream, so not very useful
> either. Chromium is similar yet different to Mozilla in that upstream
> has expressed a clear disinterest in anything not Windows, Linux or OSX.
>
> Joerg

These ones are for diehards... but still for every merged patch in
upstream -> easier maintainership in future.

I'm upstreaming NetBSD code right now in VirtualBox and I'm
repetitiously poking Chromium developers. With a legion of contributors
we can make the NetBSD desktop better.