Modifying package prefix for binary packages, when using pkg_chk/pkg_rolling-replace

Hi,

I have two homogeneous Linux systems on which I use pkgsrc as an
unprivileged user.

I'm syncing the pkgsrc source tree using syncthing, but so far I've had
to keep the binary packages separate.  The reason for this is that I
have LOCALBASE as $HOME/sw on both systems, but $HOME differs.  On one
system it's "/home/therealme" and on the other it's "/home/theotherme".
I have no say in what my user names are, and I'm not allowed to make
changes outside of $HOME.

I know that pkg_add allows me to specify a different installation prefix
than what is recorded in the binary package ("-p"), but I'm used to
using pkg_chk and pkg_rolling-replace to do bulk updates of packages,
and I'd rather not have to manage package updates by hand with pkg_add.

As far as I know, there is no way to tell pkg_chk or pkg_rolling-replace
to use a different installation prefix, is there?

What would be the best way to unify the binary packages on these
systems?

I'm using

    PACKAGES=${PKGSRCDIR}/packages/${LOWER_OPSYS}-${OS_VERSION}-${MACHINE_ARCH}

(as suggested by the pkg_chk manual, since I also sync the source
tree with a couple of Darwin machines), and this resolves to
"pkgsrc/packages/linux-2.6.32-x86_64/" under $HOME on both systems.

Cheers,