Re: linux emulation

On Wed, 4 May 2016, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> The biggest question is always what kernel support they require for
> normal userland, i.e. how ingrained are the systemd dependencies now.

I wonder if systemd integration is going to start becoming a problem for
Linux compat layers. I'd speculcate few BSD folks are going to want that
abomination running on their box. However, it seems like all the distros
have drank the full bottle of kool-aid. Sooner or later won't it create
problem for us here in BSD-but-sometimes-emulating-linux land? Perhaps
there is some clever strategy or fact I'm overlooking that will make this
a moot point ?

-Swift