Re: PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS

On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 12:58:23PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 11:41:54AM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > I'm a bit surprised at how PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS seems to work:
> >
> > /etc/mk.conf:
> > PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS=gssapi
> >
> > # make show-var VARNAME=PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
> > gssapi
> > # make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS
> > gssapi
> > # make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup
> >
> > # pwd
> > /usr/pkgsrc/net/libsoup
> >
> > This means that within a package one has to test for default options
> > separately from that package's options? Is this the way it is meant
> > to work?
>
> Try:
>
> # make show-options
> Any of the following general options may be selected:
>         gssapi   Enable gssapi (Kerberos V) support.
>
> These options are enabled by default:
>
> These options are currently enabled:
>         gssapi
>
> You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
> or PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup.
>
> Why do you care if it's set by PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup or
> PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS?

That's the point: it looked as though I had to test both PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup
and PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS to find out whether gssapi is set.

Now I see that PKG_OPTIONS is the one to test. (Right?)

/etc/mk.conf:
PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup=gssapi
quark# make show-var VARNAME=PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS

quark# make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS
gssapi
quark# make show-var VARNAME=PKG_OPTIONS.libsoup
gssapi

Cheers,

Patrick