Re: Continuing a partial bootstrap

* On 2016-04-13 at 06:18 BST, Martin Husemann wrote:

> A stupid question: I have tried a bootstrap and it failed compiling something,
> now I'd like to fix the compile error and continue - how do I do the
> "continue" part?
>
> Running ./bootstrap again always complains about the work directory already
> existing, but I don't want to remove it, it took ages so far ;-)

There is no support for continuing a bootstrap at this time.

It's worth mentioning that you also need to remove $prefix before
restarting, otherwise you may waste lots of time on the next run prior
to it failing with 'package is already installed' errors.

Depending on your hardware you may find the --make-jobs option helpful
for speeding it up.  I also have patches to turn libnbcompat into a
shared library, which helps avoid rebuilding it 5 or 6 times per
bootstrap in certain situations.