Re: Dependencies for finance/gnucash vs finance/gnucash-docs

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 04:16:55PM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> It seems that gnucash-docs requires misc/yelp3 which in turn requires
> webkit-gtk which needs gtk3+
>
> However, gnucash itself explicitly requires webkit24-gtk and gtk2+.
>
> Yeah, I know that both versions of gtk+ and webkit can co-exist, but it
> seems such a waste to have to build two versions of webkit (each of which
> takes nearly 3 hours on my fairly robust build host).
>
> What would be needed to get these two related applications using the same
> version of gtk?

For gnucash, get upstream to support the newer webkit-gtk.
They are not API compatible and gnucash still uses the old API.

For gnucash-docs, we could either make the yelp3 dependency optional
(since it's basically just HTML files, I think) or allow the old
yelp(2) as an option. I'm not sure how much that would help, that one
pulls in xulrunner192, which isn't a small package either.
 Thomas