Re: xfig: app-defaults and font Helvetica-Narrow not found

> What I do is add this line ...

> /usr/pkg/lib/X11/app-defaults /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/app-defaults union rw,hidden

> to /etc/fstab.

That is a very interesting solution, I didn't know of this possibility.

But should it not be possible and a natural solution to patch the xfig
package to change the path?

> The font issue I have not seen, so I'm not sure, but if you do install
> (old style) fonts, you either need to "xset fp+ ..." each time you boot,
> or add FontPath lines to the Files section in your x server config file
> (probably /etc/X11/xorg.conf - but these days it is often missing, and needs
> to be created.)

I did try xset fp+, it didn't help.  Isn't it possible that just another package
needs to be installed which has the font?

> But I'd fix the app-defaults file first, without that, worrying about what
> xfig is doing is just frustrating and pointless...

Currently I have a symlink which is ok for me (I need a symlink too for
e.g. /usr/bin/perl, too many scripts expect this path).  But it didn't change
the font issue.

Tim

---
Mail & Cloud Made in Germany mit 3 GB Speicher! https://email.freenet.de/mail/Uebersicht?epid=e9900000450