Re: libgpg-error core dumps on Solaris 10 sparc with gcc 4.9.2

Hi Thomas,

It's still core dumping... Out of curiosity, I explicitly defined 'USE_DOUBLE_FOR_ALIGNMENT 1' and the checks were passing on Solaris with no more core dumps. I guess that means they're on the right track, just have to get the preprocessor directives right for gcc and Solaris.

I've attached the output of the following command in hope that it might help debug:
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -D_REENTRANT  -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-psabi -MT gen-posix-lock-obj.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/gen-posix-lock-obj.Tpo -E -dD -dI -P  gen-posix-lock-obj.c > gen-posix-lock-obj.gcc.e

Let me know if there is a better command to give more visibility into what is going on and is already defined for the platform.

Thanks!
Ibraheem

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Hi Ibraheem!

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 08:54:04AM -0800, Ibraheem Saleh wrote:
> I'm amazed that people are still working on this problem. The Solaris
> environment I settled in with is no-longer pkgsrc based but rather a mix of
> OpenCSW and my own builds-- It's still GCC 4.9.2 though so there shouldn't
> be any problem with it to retest.
>
> I went ahead and did the build with the patched src but unfortunately, I'm
> still seeing (the same?) core dumps:

Thank you for testing.
I've reported your result upstream and they have extended the patch with this:

http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=libgpg-error.git;a=commitdiff;h=34b07146bbb0863436fc9381a84314b18bdfb807;hp=49655fb6ef39b307787e1b6e00c996f9c7db64f7

Can you please test this too (on top of the previous patch)?

Thank you very much,
 Thomas