Re: tradcpp requires CTRACE/DTF?

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016, Paul Goyette wrote:

It seems that CTFCONVERT is being defined somewhere, and is being used in
/usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk but I cannot for the life of me figure out how
CTFCONVERT is getting defined.  The only assignment I can find is at the
end  of bsd.own.mk

	# Override with tools versions if needed
	.if ${MKCTF:Uno} != "no" && !defined(NOCTF)
	CTFCONVERT=     ${TOOL_CTFCONVERT}
	CTFMERGE=       ${TOOL_CTFMERGE}
	.endif

I've defined MKCTF=no in my /etc/mk.conf file as follows

	MKDTRACE=no
	MKCTF=no

so CTFCONVERT should not be defined.

I feel that I'm missing something that should be glaringly obvious, but
I just don't see it.

Just a bit more info:

Setting MKCTF=no in the /etc/mk.conf file seems to have no effect, but
if I instead set it in the environment using "env MKCTF=no make" then it
works, and bsd.prog.mk no longer attempts to run ${CTFCONVERT}.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |