Re: sudo 1.8.15 fails to build on Darwin (-static-libgcc weirdness)

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 06:10:14PM +0100, Adam wrote:
> > Hi,
[cut]
> > Looking in the configure script, it seems that it wasn't generated from
> > the patched configure.ac file.  It might very well be a problem arising
> > from patching both the configure.ac file (patch-af) and the configure
> > script (patch-ag).  Only patch-ag ever takes effect...
> >
> > Andreas
>
> I disabled -static-libgcc flag for Darwin build. It does not make any sense. Please, update your pkgsrc repository and rebuild. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Adam

The package now builds. Thanks!

However, patch-af is mostly a no-op.  The patching of configure.ac
does not transfer onto the configure script.  It seems as if all that
patch-af is trying to do is done directly on the configure script by
patch-ag though.  Maybe patch-af ought to be removed?

Andreas

--
Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri, Bioinformatics Developer, Uppsala, Sweden