Help with cups?

I've finally reached a point where cups-2.1.2 is installed and appears to be functional. I'm able to use the web interface to set up my networked HP Deskjet 2545 printer.

However, something still isn't quite right.  :)

I've installed a number of related packages, including:
	cups-filters-1.4.0
	cups-2.1.2
	hplip-3.15.11
	ijs-0.3.5
	ghostscript-agpl-9.18nb1
	poppler{,-includes,-cpp,-utils,-glib}-0.38.0

If I set up the printer with the hpijs ppd, and then print a text file, the job gets sent to the printer. But the output consists only of the

	%PDF-1.3
	%?

header (actually, the ? in the second line is upside-down, but I don't know how to type that!)

If I set up the printer with the hpcups version of the ppd, the same print request fails, and cups admin page says "filter failed".

I'm guessing that I need to change something somewhere, but I haven't a clue to what/where. :) Is there some additional package required?

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |