Re: DESTDIR-enabled bootstrap + disabling USE_DESTDIR=no

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

> attached is a patch that switches bootstrap to use the normal
> USE_DESTDIR=yes handling. It also bails out explicitly when later using
> USE_DESTDIR=no. This is the last step before cleaning out the
> infrastructure.

That sounds like a reasonable next step.  It seems too close to the
branch to commit now; but immediately post freeze there would be plenty
of time to fix any resulting issues - I'm not sure what you are
proposing, or how many platforms you tested on.