asterisk packages

     Some time ago, I solicited opinions about how to handle
comms/asterisk in relation to what version it contains.  Currently
it contains 11.x, which goes to security fixes only on Oct. 25th,
2016, and eol on Oct. 25th, 2017.  comms/asterisk18 contains the
Asterisk 1.8 series which went eol last month.  The Asterisk 12
series will go eol next month, so I'm going to skip it.  I'm
currently working on creating a package for the Asterisk 13 series,
which has another three years of regular support.

     My current thoughts are to deprecate the use of comms/asterisk,
and go to strictly versioned directories ala Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL,
etc.  This means that the Asterisk 13 series will be imported into
comms/asterisk13, and future versions will be imported into
comms/asterisk<version>.  Are there any strenuous objections to
this plan?  Is so, speak up now, as I could be potentially ready
to do the import any day now (I already have a first cut of the
package with no options and am working making sure all the options
work).

     The only glitch that I see with this plan is that Asterisk 18,
which would likely show up in October 2020 would reuse the
comms/asterisk18 directory.  Asterisk 18 would be a standard version
with only one year of regular support, so one option would be skip
it.  Of course, there are five years to worry about this, assuming
the current release cycle continues.

P.S. See here for Asterisk version timelines:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions