/etc/dhcpcd.conf correct permissions

Hello,

when right-clicking on dhcpcd-gtk icon, I select "preferences" and I
get the error:

Error saving /etc/dhcpcd.conf
The dhcpcd configuration file is not writeable

I have:
$ ls -al /etc/dhcpcd.conf
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  1314 Nov 14 14:06 /etc/dhcpcd.conf

And I see this in dhcpcd-gtk man page:

    If dhcpcd-gtk is used to make configuration changes then the user
needs to be able to write to the privileged dhcpcd control socket.
See
     dhcpcd.conf(5) for details.

Then in  dhcpcd.conf(5) man page:

 controlgroup group
             Sets the group ownership of /var/run/dhcpcd.sock so that users
             other than root can connect to dhcpcd.

So I have commented the "controlgroup wheel" line out, restarted the
dhcpcd daemon, the wpa_supplicant daemon and dhcpcd-gtk, and even
rebooted but I still have the same permission error as above.

Do I have to change permissions to /etc/dhcpcd.conf?

--
Ottavio