Hot to get net/dhcpcd-gtk to remember passwords?

I installed dhcpcd-gtk as a replacement to wpa_gui. It works quite
well. Every time I add a new access points, it records it into
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.

However I can't get it to remember wifi passwords. Is this by default?

If dhcpcd-gtk can write to wpa_supplicant.conf, why can't it also read from it?

This is my wpa_supplicant.conf:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
update_config=1

Plus a list of all networks

At boot time I have:

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -B -i iwn0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -d
/sbin/dhcpcd -b -q

Do I need the dhcpcd daemon at boot time?

--
Ottavio